Thursday, January 15, 2015

My bad again - I am finding that even though I thought I had alot to write about with all my scattered thoughts, sometimes life itself gets busy and gets in the way.  Lots of work, still more of the unforgiveable, tortured, repetetive, and simply meaningless online training again this week (over 2 weeks my company will have lost 40 hours of standard worktime from me, paid me for an addl 25 or so hours of overtime, trying to make up for that, and in the end, I literally learned nothing I was not already aware of.  Ok - got that off my chest.

Football - continued the trend of being wrong on the NCAA National Championship game - all of my original money was on Oregon -7, then some on the side went to overs.  I did hedge just before game time with a little bit on the moneyline of Ohio State - but still lost overall.

NFL - had the Packers - they won and did not cover, had the Colts (got that one right), had the under on Seattle/Carolina - lost there, and won on the overs of NE/Baltimore but lost the same amount on NE.  

This weekend my immediate thoughts are to take Green Bay +7.5 and Over 46 vs. Seattle.  If you believe Seattle covers - take the unders.  I like the overs in NE/Indy at 53.5 but only if you believe Indy stays in this one.  I see it being a 31-28 kind of game so that means Indy +6.5 is good and overs.
Still have Indy in a futures bet from the beginning of the year to win the Super Bowl - so will need to hedge something on New England to offset it.

NEWS OF THE DAY  - I like to drink, ask anyone that knows me, but I am not sure I want to be able to stumble in or out of a bar 24/7.  Picture Husker 11am games next year if people could be in the bar from the night before and then trudge over to the game.  Ugly with a capital F(*%$#$!

http://www.ketv.com/politics/proposal-would-allow-nebraska-bars-to-stay-open-247/30731820?absolute=true

MOVIES AND TV REVIEWS

Banshee started up again - first 10 minutes of the show make you want to find a friend real quick if you know what I mean. Again - I am a fan of gratuitous sex and violence.

Shameless got off to another good start and already got picked up for season 6 next year.

House of Lies is running out of story lines, same with Episodes, and looking forward to the final season of Justified starting up next week.

Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant might be the two least likely heroes in the world - if you saw them on a normal day - combined weight of about 300lbs between the two of them, you would not think much of them.  But these boys are both pretty good actors and they carry the show. 

Only movie of the week was Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit and believe it or not - I liked it.  7/10 rating and a decent rental.

Last but not least - someone close to me had a difficult personal situation this last week, he found out that people are not always what you think, don't always do what you expect, and sometimes you can't explain the crazy shit that they do.  He handled it like a champ and I am proud of him. Live, learn, remember, and move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment